Thursday, October 8, 2015

God, the Father

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about God as my Father. Throughout time, people have lost their faith due to not getting what they want or wish.  God does not serve or guide in that way, necessarily. My thoughts are a bit scrambled so forgive me if I ramble, but here are my thoughts.

Not too long ago on a Sunday Mass we had the Gospel where there was an attempt to trap Jesus by asking him about divorce and what Moses said about the subject. Jesus explained that Moses had allowed it because their hearts were hardened, but God had intended for man to be with one woman, to become one, and that no man should separate what God had united. Here we see that God's Will is one thing and our hearts acceptance of God's Will is dependent of how hard our heart is.

Now that I am a father, I have tried to relate to His Divine Fatherhood. I remember a story in the Bible where a man knocked on the door of a friend asking for assistance. He was turned away several times, but the persistence of the man eventually won him the assistance from his friend.  How many times have you ever granted your son or daughter what was beyond what was allowed? I know I have, many times. I've granted my daughter a later stay with her friends because she asked. I've given one of my boys candy recently close to bedtime, because he said please. I have many other examples with all of my kids.

I keep hoping God the Father hears my insisting prayers of help. I keep trying to keep an open heart to His Will while I still struggle. Things are not easy, and at times I have to wonder if I would get tired of having faith and lose hope.  Afterall, Mother Teresa had lost her faith to some extent in her earthly life too. I think I would continue to practice my faith until I gained it back, like she did.  I actually cannot afford to lose my faith, not while my family needs me.  Very soon, it could be all I have of any value.

No comments:

Post a Comment